Exciting opportunity to join a FTSE 100 company on a pioneering venture within the UK manufacturing industry. The position is based at a state-of-the-art factory, the largest of its kind in Europe, which has capacity to manufacture 3,500 homes per year and employees several hundred.
Data is pivotal to scaling the business to become the market leader. The company has invested in a world class end-to-end digital system comprising a PLM (Teamcenter) and ERP that handles everything from front end design through to manufacturing.
The Product Data Standards Engineer will provide process ownership and thought leadership to establish how the company will use the recently implemented systems – mapping out the journey, implementing processes and focusing on continuous improvement.
The key purpose of the role is to:
• Define and own the product data standards and process.
• Ensure that data produced by the design organisation satisfies downstream users.
• Ensure the product data integrity is compliant with company process.
• Coach and train the design organisation to operate in compliance with process.
• Develop, Lead and Execute process improvement plans with measure of success
• Experience with PLMs: Siemens Teamcenter, PTC Windchill, Dassault Enovia or Oracle
• Knowledge of configuration management areas such as Change Control, Enterprise Resource Planning, Material Resource Planning and Product Data & Lifecycle Management
• Practical engineering experience of larger assemblies / configurations in industries such as aerospace and automotive preferred
• Continuous improvement mindset with strong problem-solving ability
• Interpersonal with ability to explain technical concepts in a simple to understand manor
This is an opportunity for a manufacturing professional to work at the cross section of construction and manufacturing within a diverse group of manufacturing and construction professionals, in a venture that aims to revolutionise the housing industry using innovative and sustainable methods.
The company has high investment, rapid growth and a long-term approach making it a great place to join for job security. In addition, there is a focus on employee development and training, excellent benefits, and regular pay rises.
Please contact Will Davis for more information: