We have an exciting opportunity to join a FTSE 100 company on a pioneering venture within the UK manufacturing industry. The position is based at a state-of-the-art factory, the largest of its kind in Europe, which has the capacity to manufacture 3,500 homes per year and employees several hundred.
The main purpose of this role is to design and develop new products, continuously develop existing products and improve engineering integration as directed by the Product Design Manager, to an agreed brief including cost targets, programmes, and relevant standards and regulations in line with the organisations strategic vision.
- Work to process, developing new products from business opportunity identification to ‘rate-ready’ incorporation into the production system.
- Work to continuously develop existing products from opportunity identification to ‘rate-ready’ incorporation into the production system.
- Challenge and make recommendations for continuous product and process development.
- To organise, supervise and direct experimental and development work, both in-house and with external organisations.
- Support manufacturing process with DfMA principles for new and existing products.
- Provide engineering analysis and detailing of components, assemblies and products.
- Create specifications, drawings and data, and input into the digital library.
- Work with Supply Chain to develop robust supply chains for developed designs.
- Work with Quality to design in quality.
- Maintain an appropriate knowledge of current technical developments, industry trends and legislation.
This is an opportunity for an experienced engineering professional to work at the cross section of construction and manufacturing within a diverse group of manufacturing and construction professionals, in a venture that aims to revolutionise the housing industry using innovative and sustainable methods.
The company has high investment, rapid growth, and a long-term approach making it a great place to join for job security. In addition, there is a focus on employee development and training, excellent benefits, and regular pay rises.
If you are interested in either of these positions or would like more information, please send your CV and work examples in confidence to Lewis Lawes using the details below.